They like to hide in the canopies and attack when you’re doing nothing but having a nice evening. Simple creatures, all they’re trying to do is find the next flower. They won’t kill you but they sure are annoying, with painful stings and bites. They love the outside and to be up high near the hard to reach corners, staying there out of everyone’s sights until it is too late. Wasps are normally hiding insects, only coming out to find food and plant eggs. Once the eggs are planted, the wasps do not make sure the eggs survive but act like everyday life, pollinating more and breeding more. They plant eggs into hosts that they sting and build hives nearby for the babies to live in. In the past when colonies were small we did not see much of them, but here in America they’re almost at every corner. Believe it or not, the killer bee and the wasp are in the same family of bug. The big difference between the two is a wasp can sting you as many times as it wants and is massively larger than a bee. In most cases the wasp can reach up to ten times the size of a bee.
Then again, of course they’re from the same family right? They fly around looking for pollen and when they see you, they sting you! Not necessarily is this true though, Not all of the wasps are also from the family of bees and ants, for instance not all ants or bees are a part of the wasp family. That’s like trying to say all bulldozers are like birds because some are operated in the air. But whether they are or are not important, it’s avoiding that nasty sting.
Tips of avoiding Wasp Pain
– Don’t wear perfume, if you wear smell goods then you smell like a pollinating flower to them.
– Avoid bright colors; again try not to look like a tempting flower
– Watch what you eat outdoors; try not to tempt them in with sugary foods
– Don’t walk barefoot because there may be nests on the ground
– Avoid loose open clothing, its easy entry for any bug
– When they fly at your head, stay still, swatting at it just makes it angry and once it realizes you’re not useful to it, it will fly away
– Keep your car window up, they like to fly in and get panicked when they can’t leave
– Rinses your cans, almost every beverage now contains some type of sugar
– Do not stay in flower gardens for very long, this is their territorial grounds
– Last of all, call a professional to have them removed and when they come out, most times they won’t kill it because these bees are still useful for their honey so they will relocate it.